Offering 10+ years synergizing a unique blend of high level leadership, hands-on technical solutions, leading edge creative oversight, and natural talents in leading cross-functional teams to record success. Builds high value partnerships with top tier brands including Google, Sony, Estée Lauder, Tesla, Def Jam Records, and The Food Network. Analyzes diverse markets to surpass competitive offerings and keep the company at the cutting edge of industry trends. Expert in ideating and executing an ROI-focused creative and brand strategy that increases consumer acquisition, engagement, satisfaction, retention, and the bottom line.
Group Head of UX, Delivery & Design
Genius Sports, Genius Sports Media, BetGenius
2017 – Present
Currently leading the global design and UX vision for all software products in both native and web-based applications. Providing team support to our internal R&D, Computer Vision and AI teams. Managing complex design systems that feed a “source of truth” for the organization. Manage and develop all aspects of the organization’s creative output in all commercial outlets. Managing a global team of UX strategists, researchers, visual designers, project managers and front-end developers that support the group and all its divisions.
- Built agile and well-balanced global design team from the ground up.
- Developed key design systems that support over 20 software products, corporate websites and other digital presence.
- Led global brand refinement, including logo redesign, product marketing, a new corporate website, style guides and templates.
Vice President, Product Development
GGN Gaming, (formally XFire), eSports Unified
2016 – 2017
Leveraged 10+ years in effective and efficient creative leadership, brand optimization, and VIP account growth to lead a crossfunctional team of 30 to design, build, launch, maintain, and grow a world-class competitive gaming platform that allows US/global amateur gamers to compete. Thrived within a highly competitive industry. Spearheaded the overall product/brand vision, aggressive project KPIs, and ensured delivery of multiple simultaneous projects within budget, scope, and deadline
- Built a high-performing culture and team dedicated to on-spec, on-time delivery and execution.
- Took a “hands on” role in conjunction with designers and engineers to assess, identify and build out feature and value roadmaps.
- Analyzed competitive offerings to ensure a compelling, user-centered feature design that prioritizes user satisfaction, consumer loyalty, customer growth and retention.
- Reviewed current/future market trends in eSports and gaming; built high value partnerships with Hi-Rez, NGE and SUPERCELL.
- Hand-crafted User Experience through extensive research culminating in user journeys, wireframes and prototypes.
Vice President of Product Development, Creative Director
2014 – 2016
Multitasked to take over diverse roles in collaboration with the executive team — influential in boosting average deal size from $20K to $100K. Scaled growth to increase the creative team 100%; led succession planning initiative to promote 2 senior designers into leadership roles. Used strong negotiation and relationship development skills to close high value contracts with Tesla, Google, Postmates and Estee Lauder — then leading project creative direction.
- Innovated an end-to-end production process that streamlined workflow and communication between sales and production — process significantly improved project estimation and budgeting.
- Worked directly with the sales team, helping to increase productivity, prospecting, client capture, and retention.
- Evaluated technology, design, and production of e-learning solutions; ensured best practices and that offerings surpassed the competition and increased learning retention through better engagement practices.
- Influential in keeping the company at the leading edge of technology and creative design.
- Utilized financial acumen to compile relevant financial data into company budgets, P&L statements, and financial reports.
Creative Director, Product Design
Weedmaps, Ghost Group LLC
Principal creative and brand strategy for all Weedmaps properties, including Marijuana.com and Weedmaps TV. Leadership in creative visual and copy direction for all campaigns across video, print, merchandise and social media. Developed, mentored and identified new discipline expertise for the Weedmaps design team. Define the creative and brand direction on Weedmaps’ web presence including Weedmaps’ website and mobile applications for iOS and Android. Worked directly with the Chief Marketing Officer to create and execute engaging live and on-line events, advertising and public relation campaigns in global markets. Created the “HIGH” campaign currently seen in all consumer advertisements.
I also actively participated and contributed to the agile design and development cycle, including daily scrums, iteration planning and story writing and roadmapping.
- Created the first ever medical marijuana advertisement in prime placement Times Square, NYC
- Global brand launch including awareness advertising campaigns in 40 states in the US and 12 countries.
- Innovated the “HIGHER EDUCATION” campaign to increase medical marijuana awareness and acceptance in new markets. Re-launched a premier news and media outlet, achieving growth from 60K to 2M visitors per day.
- Launched Marijuana.com – A marijuana information and news site – 200k unique visitors per day.
Director of Technology, Principle Design & UX
Crowdsitr, Young’s Market Company
2011 – 2014
Dual role to spearhead both the creative and technical side of the firm; administered software research, infrastructure, and development operations. Led user research, pain/value studies and UX design and development. Oversaw developers and designers specializing in mobile app design/ development within the hospitality and restaurant industry.
- Strategically grew accounts, brand recognition and the bottom line via expert blend of social media, technology and strategic awareness campaigns.
- Oversaw development of Crowdstir Live – SaaS solution for bar and restaurant customer engagement.
- Developed unique customer loyalty application and POS integration software/hardware.
- Multitasked to supervise multiple client websites and web properties. Troubleshot challenges to innovate and execute cutting edge technology solutions to help increase brand influence and alcohol sales.
Director of Design, Digital Experience & Mobile Games
Snail Games USA
Designed and developed multi-channel campaign strategies for free-to-play browser based and mobile games with microtransaction monetization models. Assisted with the creative development and production of multiple game titles, assets and artwork, marketing materials, and live event spaces for E3, GDC and Gamescom.
- Leveraging player insights and intelligence to design unique promotions – Took flagship game Heroes of Gaia from just under 100K users to 1M+ via publisher relationships with Kongregate and many others.
- Cross-functional success with operations, marketing, community management and overseas support.
- Launched hugely successful tiles such as Ministry of War, Dragon Fire, and Age of Wushu.
- Creative Direction and campaign oversight for major Chinese/American launch of Age of Wushu starring Jet Li in several Chinese and American TV spots, social media campaigns and print.
Private Clothing Company
Headed a large art department that employed over 50 freelance artists. Oversaw the production and execution of hundreds of designs and illustrations for screen printing. Provided creative direction, and feedback to the artists and designers. Managed a small web development team that provided back-end development for the very popular and heavily visited website. Created all the supporting graphic elements seen on the website, as well as all the front-end scripting and markup. Assisted with the day-to-day operations of the website. Through social media marketing, online events and promotions, assisted with a massive increase in site visitors by tens of thousands and sales that reached over 8 million dollars in 2008.
Artisan Vehicle Systems
Designed and developed company’s branding presence through various web properties, print materials, and trade show graphics. Provided additional graphics support to engineering team with mock-ups and renderings with the use of 3D CAD tools, Photoshop and Maya Studio. Assisted prototyping team with custom graphics for vehicle dashboard displays, digital HUD’s and various user interface projects.
Art Department Manager
Managed small design-to-print art department. Invoicing, and purchasing. Customer relations and support. Direct to print support and file preparation. Web design and graphic design.